Dr. Eric Hequet is the Associate Director of the Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute – Texas Tech University and he holds a joint appointment with the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station. He earned a Ph.D. from the University of Haute Alsace in France. Before joining the FBRI, his experience progressed from cotton breeding at experiment stations in Africa, to head of CIRAD’s Cotton Technology Laboratory in Montpellier - France, to Director of the international cotton program for CIRAD. Dr. Hequet has generated 26 refereed journal publications, 2 books and more than 100 conference papers. He has provided international leadership in research on the measurement of cotton fiber properties and contaminants, including the impacts of these on textile processing performance. He is currently focused on collaborative research with the cotton breeding and cotton biotechnology community to develop improved properties in cotton fibers. Dr. Hequet also holds a joint appointment as Professor for the Departmant of Plant and Soil Science.
- Develop new and/or improved testing methods for cotton.
- Collaborative research with the cotton breeding and cotton biotechnology community to develop improved properties in cotton fibers.
- Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute: http://www.fbri.ttu.edu
- Applied Vision Lab: http://appvisw.ee.ttu.edu
- International Cotton Research Center
- Dr. Hequet on Web of Knowledge
- Dr. Hequet on Google Scholar