Welcome to the Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute of the Department of Plant and Soil Science at Texas Tech University. We are committed to serving the research needs of manufacturers, cotton breeders and public agencies. In addition, our academic programs, in conjunctions with other colleges at Tech are continually in progress. The Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute research is changing the way the world talks about Fiber Quality
- AAEC 5312: Agribusiness Analysis
- PSS 5370: US and Global Cotton Fiber – Textile Industries
- PSS 5371: Structure and Functionalization of Cotton Fibers
- PSS 5373: Biopolymers and Bioproducts
- PSS 5376: Advanced Studies in Cotton Fibers
- PSS 5377: Cotton Fiber: Genotype to Phenotype Characterization
- Texas International Cotton School
An internationally-recognized leader in cotton fiber research has been named the new chairman of Texas Tech University’s Department of Plant and Soil Science today (June 3), according to officials with the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. Eric Hequet takes the helm of the highly successful agricultural academic unit on Sept 1.
Even though cotton prices have reached historic heights in the past year, Texas Tech researchers said West Texas needs to continue developing higher-quality fiber to stay ahead of growing competition overseas and maintain a strong, long-lasting market for farmers.